Grandma's spaghetti sauce recipe may have been passed down for generations, but tough tomato sauce stains don't need to be. OxiClean™ products can help you remove tomato sauce stains wherever they land, including your clothes and carpets. Tomato sauce stains are no longer a worry with OxiClean™ on your side.
How to Get Out Tomato Sauce Stains With OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Spray
When spaghetti sauce dribbles on your favorite shirt or falls on your lap, it doesn’t mean your clothes are ruined. Pretreat the tomato sauce stain with OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray and wash right away or up to a week later.
To remove spaghetti sauce stains from clothes, follow these steps. For best results, treat stains while still fresh.
- Spray OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Spray directly on the spot or stain. Saturate the fabric. Do not treat the garment while wearing.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to up to a week. For fabrics that are prone to color change, do not let stand longer than 5 minutes.
- Wash the item with your usual detergent in the warmest water the fabric will accept. Boost the stain-fighting power of your detergent by adding a scoop of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover™ directly to the drum with your clothes.
Always test OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Spray on an inconspicuous area first. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions regarding water temperature and cleaning. Do not use OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Spray on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather, or fabrics labeled dry clean only.
Get Tomato Sauce Stains Out of Clothes
Sometimes, a tomato sauce accident creates more than a small stain. You don’t have to be a toddler eating fistfuls of spaghetti to get a big spaghetti sauce stain. You can soak clothing or fabric with tomato sauce stains in OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to break down the food grease and get rid of the stain. Here’s how:
- Remove excess tomato sauce. Do not scrub or rub.
- Mix a solution of OxiClean™ and water. Fill the scoop to Line 4 for every gallon of water. Mix until completely dissolved.
- Submerge the stained item in the OxiClean™ solution.
- Soak for 1-6 hours. For best results, soak the full 6 hours.
- Transfer to the washer and wash as you normally would with your detergent, using the warmest water the item will accept. Add OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to the drum with your clothes for extra stain-fighting power.
Always test OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area first. Rinse, and allow it to dry. Safe on colorfast fabrics only. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions for the item for water temperature and for cleaning. Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather, or on fabrics labeled dry clean only.
How to Remove Tomato Sauce Stains From Carpet
If your dining area is carpeted, you know how easy it is to get food stains on the rug. To help remove tomato sauce stains from carpet, use OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover Spray and follow these easy steps.
- Immediately blot up the excess tomato sauce. The quicker you can treat the stain, the easier it will be to remove.
- Test OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area of carpet, such as behind a door or piece of furniture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Do not use on wool carpets.
- Spray OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover directly onto the tomato sauce stain. Saturate the area so the solution can penetrate the carpet fibers.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Blot the area with a clean, color-fast cloth or sponge. If the stain persists after drying, repeat a second time.
- Vacuum the area after it is completely dry.
Get Spaghetti Sauce Stains Out With OxiClean™