Whether you’re biting into a burger, a hot dog, or dipping your French Fries in ketchup, it’s easy to get a dribble on your shirt. Ketchup stains are notorious laundry challenges, and also wind up on your upholstery and carpet. Let OxiClean™ help you remove ketchup stains – even old ones.
How to Remove Ketchup Stains From Clothes
If you get ketchup on your clothes, don’t despair. With a little pretreatment and attention – and the right product – you’ll be able to get ketchup stains out.
OxiClean™ Max Force™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray is packed with powerful enzymes designed to target all sorts of stains, including food-based stains like ketchup. With it on hand, you’ll be a pro at removing ketchup stains from shirts, clothes, and other fabrics.
Follow these steps to get ketchup stains out:
- Read the clothing label. Do not use OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray if your item is silk, wool, leather, or labeled “dry clean only.” Always test on a small inconspicuous area, such as an inside hem, before using. Do not treat garment while wearing.
- Pre-treat the ketchup stain by spraying OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray directly on the stain.
- Wait at least five minutes for the OxiClean™ to penetrate the clothing fibers and begin breaking down the stain. You can treat now and wash up to a week later for most fabrics. For fabrics that are prone to color change, do not let stand longer than 5 minutes. You can use OxiClean™ Max Force™ Laundry Stain Remover on all washable white clothes, as well as colored fabrics (some colored fabrics may be prone to color change).
- Wash with your usual detergent at the temperature settings recommended by the item’s label. Boost the stain-fighting power by adding a scoop of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover™ directly to the drum with your clothes.
Always test OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area first. Safe on colorfast fabrics only. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions for the item for water temperature and for cleaning. Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather or on fabrics labeled dry clean only.
How to Get Ketchup Stains Out, Method #2
Removing ketchup stains can also be done by soaking clothes in OxiClean™ prior to washing. Follow these steps to get ketchup stains out of your clothes:
Use OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover™ to Get Ketchup Stains Out of Clothes
- Remove excess ketchup. Do not scrub or rub.
- Mix a solution of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover™ and water. Fill the scoop to Line 4 for every gallon of water. Follow the instructions on the package and mix until completely dissolved.
- Submerge stained item in the OxiClean™ solution.
- Soak for 1-6 hours, depending on the severity of the stain. For best results, soak for 6 hours.
- Transfer to the washer and wash as you normally would with your detergent. Add a scoop of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to the drum with your clothes.
Always test on an inconspicuous area first. Safe on colorfast fabrics only. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions for the item for water temperature and for cleaning. Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather or on fabrics labeled dry clean only.
How to Get Ketchup Stains Out of Carpets
Ketchup stains can wind up anywhere, including your carpet. To remove ketchup stains from carpet, use OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover Spray and these easy steps.
- Immediately blot up the excess ketchup as much as possible. The quicker you can treat the stain, the easier it will be to remove.
- Test OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area of carpet, such as behind a door or piece of furniture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Do not use on wool, leather, or silk.
- Spray OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover directly onto the ketchup stain. Saturate the area so the solution can penetrate the carpet fibers.
- Wait 10 minutes to allow the product to penetrate.
- Blot the area with a clean, color-fast cloth or sponge. If the stain persists after drying, repeat a second time.
- Vacuum the area after it is completely dry.
Get Ketchup Stains Out With OxiClean™