Yellow sweat stains, armpit stains, and lingering odor are challenges you face after workouts or being out on a hot, humid day. OxiClean™ has formulas to tackle them: OxiClean™ White Revive™ Laundry Whitener + Stain Remover to help get rid of sweat stains on shirts, hats, or other clothing, and OxiClean™ Versatile Odor & Stain Remover with Odor Blasters™ to leave sweaty clothes smelling fresh.
How to Get Sweat Stains and Odors Out of Clothing
OxiClean™ has a special formula for blasting away odors from your shirts and other clothing. OxiClean™ Odor Blasters™ Versatile Odor & Stain Remover can help make the stain and odor disappear.
For best results, pre-soak the sweat-stained garment in OxiClean™ with Odor Blasters™ Versatile Stain & Odor Remover. Yellow sweat stains and stubborn sweat smells will bow to the deodorizing and stain fighting power of OxiClean™ Odor Blasters™. Here’s how:
- Read the clothing label. Do not use OxiClean™ with Odor Blasters™ if your item is silk, a silk blend, wool, a wool blend, leather, or labeled “dry clean only.” Follow the clothing manufacturer’s recommendations for proper water temperature and care. OxiClean™ with Odor Blasters™ is chlorine-free, so it can be used on items that restrict chlorine. It is safe to use on colored garments, like your favorite gray shirt that now has ghostly sweat stains you need to remove.
- Mix a full scoop of OxiClean™ with Odor Blasters with a gallon of water. Follow the instructions on the package and mix until completely dissolved.
- Submerge the sweat-stained items in the OxiClean™ solution. Use a bucket, laundry tub, sink, or your bathtub.
- Soak for 3-6 hours. Extremely pungent items may require more soak time.
- Transfer clothes to your washer and wash as usual, using your detergent. Add a scoop of OxiClean™ with Odor Blasters™ to the drum with your clothes, following label instructions.
Always test OxiClean™ with Odor Blasters™ on an inconspicuous area first and follow the instructions on the garment label. Add OxiClean™ with Odor Blasters™ to every load to reduce odors and fight stains.
How to Remove Sweat Stains from White Clothes
If you’re wondering how to get armpit stains out of your white shirt, a pre-soak using OxiClean™ White Revive Laundry Whitener + Stain Remover powder is the sweat stain removal trick you’ve been waiting for.
- Fill the scoop included with your OxiClean package to line 4 and add to one gallon of the warmest water temperature the garment's washing instructions will allow. Let dissolve completely.
- Gather your sweat-stained whites and soak in this solution for 1 to 6 hours, checking in on the armpits and other yellow stains, such as on the collar.
- Remove from the soak solution and wash as usual with your regular detergent, following the instructions label. For best results, use the warmest water temperature that the garment’s washing instructions will allow. For an extra boost, White Revive to the drum with your clothing, following label instructions.
Always follow the item manufacturer’s instructions for water temperature and cleaning. Do not use OxiClean™ on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather, or on fabrics labeled dry-clean only.
How to Get Sweat Stains Out of a Hat
Hats are excellent for protecting our heads and faces from the sun, and from keeping sweat from dripping into our eyes. Hats can soak up sweat, too, and become stained, yellowed, or smelly. In most cases, you can use OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to remove sweat stains from a cap or hat the same as you would any other machine washable, colorfast fabric. Be sure to read the hat’s label to understand its care instructions.
- Using OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover fill scoop to Line 2 per gallon of water and mix until dissolved. Fill to Line 4 for extra tough stains.
- Soak the hat in the OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover solution to remove stains from the sweat band, brim, or that have bled into the hat itself.
- Soak 1-6 hours. Depending on the severity of the stain, some stains may require more time to soak. For best results, soak for 6 hours.
- Wash with usual detergent.
Look for these Great Ways to Remove Sweat Stains and Odors From Clothes