If you’re active outdoors, grass stains are among your laundry challenges. With OxiClean™ you can know how to get grass stains out of jeans, baseball pants, or other clothes, you want a powerful stain fighter on your side. OxiClean™ removes grass stains big and small.
Why Are Grass Stains so Tough to Remove?
Grass can be so tough to get off of the knees of your jeans thanks to the proteins and pigment in grass. But removing grass stains isn’t impossible, even if it is tricky. You need the right cleaning solution and a little patience. OxiClean™ is your friend for removing grass stains from clothes.
Whether you need to remove grass stains from your pants after rolling in the yard with your kids or pup, or you need to get grass stains off of your baseball pants after a dramatic slide, follow these instructions to make grass stains a thing of the past.
How to Get Rid of Grass Stains with OxiClean™
Removing grass stains can be done by pretreating or soaking. Follow these steps to remove grass stains from your clothes:
Use OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover™ to Get Grass Stains Out of Clothes
- Remove excess dirt or grass. Blot or flick the fabric to dislodge excess.
- Mix a solution of OxiClean™ and water. Fill the scoop Line 4 for every gallon of water. Follow the instructions on the package and mix until completely dissolved.
- Submerge stained item in the OxiClean™ solution.
- Soak for 1-6 hours, depending on the severity of the stain. For best results, soak for 6 hours.
- Transfer to the washer and wash as you normally would with your detergent. Add a scoop of OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover to the drum with your clothes.
Always test OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area first. Rinse, and allow it to dry. Safe on colorfast fabrics only. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions for the item for water temperature and for cleaning. Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather or on fabrics labeled dryclean only.
Use OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Gel Stick
OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Gel Stick is great for pre-treating a grass stain, especially if you cannot wash the item right away. You can even keep a Gel Stick in your travel bag to always have one at the ready to pre-treat when grass stains happen. Do not treat garment while wearing. Use the precision stain grabbing nubs of OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Gel Stick to break apart and remove stains.
- Read the clothing label. Do not use OxiClean™ Gel Stick if your item is wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather or fabrics labeled dry-clean only.
- Test on a small inconspicuous area first. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions for the item for water temperature and cleaning.
- Place Gel Stick directly onto the stain, and press down to dispense gel. Rub gently into the fabric. Smear the gel solution across the fabric until it penetrates.
- Let the gel solution stand for at least five minutes to begin breaking down the grass stain. You can leave the solution on for up to a week before washing.
- Wash with your usual detergent and the warmest water the garment will accept, according to its instructions. Add a scoop of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover™ directly to the drum with you clothes if you have some on hand.
OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Gel Stick is also good for getting grass stains out of machine washable shoes. Rub directly onto the edges or the canvas, wait five minutes, then blot or wipe with a wet rag. Refrain from scrubbing or vigorously rubbing as that will force the grass stain in further and make it more difficult to remove.
Products Designed to Remove Grass Stains