Start with Cleaning
First, clean up your deck and outdoor furniture. That might sound like a lot, but it’s surprisingly easy when you’ve got the right tools. Grab a container of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover, a bucket, a broom, your favorite scrub brush, a hose, and then follow our simple steps.
Clean Your Deck
If your deck is made from concrete, pavers travertine, brick, stamped concrete or composite decking, you can clean and refresh it for summer using OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover.
Follow these steps to clean your deck:
1. Rinse your deck with a hose to loosen any stuck-on debris.
2. Fill the scoop with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to line 4. Mix with one gallon of the warm water until completely dissolved.
3. Apply using a brush and let stand for 5-30 minutes. Do not let the solution dry on the surface.
4. Scrub as needed and rinse well with cool water.
Clean Your Outdoor Furniture
Even if your outdoor furniture has been sitting out since last summer, OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover is powerful enough to remove the months of dirt and grime. Remove the cushions and pillows before cleaning.
Follow these steps to clean outdoor furniture:
1. Fill the scoop with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to line 4. Mix with one gallon of warm water until completely dissolved.
2. Apply the OxiClean™ mixture to your furniture with a cloth, sponge or brush. You can also pour the solution directly onto the furniture’s surface.
3. Let stand for 5-30 minutes, without letting the solution dry on the surface. Scrub as needed. For larger surfaces, work in small areas so the OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover solution does not dry on the surface.
4. Rinse well with cool water.
Do Some Planting around Your Patio
Now that your deck and furniture are clean, you can start decorating your patio. Begin with the gardening. Grab your favorite gardening gloves, potting soil, hand shovel, flowers and pots, and get to work.
Plant a combination of greenery and flowers to make your patio look amazing. Change things up by adding a mixture of hanging baskets, visually appealing planters, and smaller potted plants around your patio.
Add Lighting and Decor on the Perimeter of Your Deck or Patio
Add a few strings of hanging lights, candles, pillows, and blankets to make your patio shine.
Hang outdoor string lights from your house eaves, on the trees in your yard, and from hanging poles. Install hooks and string lights around your patio to make it a destination spot for summer evenings. Keep pesky bugs away with citronella candles.
For a finishing touch, add throw pillows and blankets. Remove last summer’s stains and odors from outdoor blankets, pillow covers, and furniture cushions with OxiClean™ Odor Blasters Versatile Stain & Odor Remover.
How to pretreat stains and refresh outdoor pillows, cushions and blankets:
1. Fill the scoop with OxiClean™ Odor Blasters Versatile Stain & Odor Remover to line 2-4. Mix with one gallon of the warmest water possible in a container or sink until completely dissolved.
2. Add blankets, and pillow and cushion covers to the OxiClean™ solution.
3. Allow to soak for one to six hours.
4. Fill the scoop with OxiClean™ Odor Blasters Versatile Stain & Odor Remover to line 1 and add to the washing machine along with your favorite laundry detergent. Then add the pillow covers and blankets to the washing machine.
5. Wash them on a normal cycle.
6. Dry as normal.
Once you’ve washed and dried your pillow covers and blankets, put the covers back on, and arrange your freshly cleaned pillows and blankets on your outdoor furniture.
Get Your Patio Entertaining Ready
Your patio transformation is almost complete. The final finishing touches are to stock your drink cart, refresh your tablecloths and napkins, and set the table for your outdoor party.
To wow your guests with your drink cart, add festive cups, an area for ice, and a variety of refreshing drinks. For kids, use disposable cups. This entertaining hack not only avoids broken glassware, but kids can write their names on the cups and decorate them with markers, stickers, and other art supplies. You’ll turn the functional into a fun activity.
Once your drink cart is stocked and ready to go, it’s time to clean up dingy and stained tablecloths and napkins, giving them new life with the power of OxiClean™.
How to pretreat tough stains and clean dingy tablecloths and napkins:
1. Read garment care label. Do not use OxiClean™ Max Force™ Stain Remover Spray on silk, wool, leather, or dry clean only items. Test on inconspicuous area, such as inside hem, before use.
2. Remove any solid food from the stains.
3. Spray OxiClean™ Max Force™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray directly on the stained areas.
4. Wait at least 5 minutes for the solution to penetrate the stain. Or saturate the stain and you may let the item sit for up to seven days before washing.
5. Wash with your usual detergent in the warmest temperature recommended on the care label and add a scoop of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover for extra stain-fighting power.
Once your newly refreshed table linens are dry—and spotless—set the table and add a beautiful bouquet of flowers in the center to brighten things up.
Now It’s Time to Enjoy Your Hard Work and Outdoor Space
Pour a drink and enjoy a job well done! With the right tools and a plan, you’ve transformed your backyard patio from drab to fab in one weekend. Plus, refreshing items that you already own with the power and versatility of OxiClean™ not only saves money, but it’s environmentally friendly. Be sure to stock up on OxiClean™ online or at a store near you.
Now, all that’s left is to entertain family and friends in your refreshed, summer-ready outdoor living space.