Planning Your Backyard Party
Start by creating an invite list. Then call or text your invitees to get an accurate headcount. This will help you create your menu, and ensure you have enough food, drinks, seating, and tableware.
Gather your backyard supplies
Next, gather decorations, and enough tables, chairs, and tableware for all your guests. If you need to do some pre-cleaning to get your outside area party-ready, OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover will help you clean up outdoor furniture in no time.
Follow these simple steps to refresh your furniture hard surfaces:
1. Fill the scoop with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover as directed for hard surfaces, and mix with one gallon of the warmest water possible until completely dissolved.
2. Apply the OxiClean™ mixture to the furniture using a cloth, sponge or brush. You can also pour the solution directly onto the surface of your furniture.
3. Allow the mixture to sit for 5-30 minutes. Scrub stains as needed. For best results, work in small batches so the solution doesn’t dry on the surface.
4. Rinse the furniture thoroughly with cool water.
Plan the food and drink menu
A backyard party isn’t complete without a great menu including barbecue classics like burgers and hot dogs. Cooking these essential eats on the grill will delight your guests.
Create a drink menu for that will keep all your guests happy. Stock a drink cart with a combination of kid-friendly and adult drinks. Check your drink cart for the essentials like cups, stir sticks and other supplies.
After planning your menu and drink cart, create your shopping list. Don’t forget ketchup, BBQ sauce, sweet frozen treats, plus disposable cups, plates and cutlery (if you’re using them), as well as garbage bags and paper towels for easy clean-up. Be sure to add OxiClean™ Max Force™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray to your list too so you’re ready to pre-treat any unexpected spills and BBQ stains.
Set up entertainment
Take your backyard party to the next level with great entertainment. You don’t need to go overboard but have a few things to entertain guests of all ages.
Create a music playlist that is fun for every age and musical taste. Mix up the genres and include new tracks and old favorites to keep everyone happy. Then hook up a few speakers in your backyard and you’re all set.
Set up games for guests to play
Setting up a net to play badminton or volleyball is surprisingly easy. You can also pick up backyard game kits that will give you and your friends the chance to play something new.
If you’re inviting kids, set up a bubble station and a sidewalk chalk station for an inexpensive and easy way to keep them entertained.
Stains Happen During the Party
During backyard parties, food spills are inevitable, and it’s best to pre-treat them as soon as they happen. OxiClean™ Max Force™ Spray helps tackle the toughest stains from food, as well as grass stains, and more.
Follow these steps to pre-treat food stains on clothing:
1. Spray OxiClean™ Max Force™ Spray directly onto the spot or stain until it’s saturated.
2. Let stand for 5 minutes or leave it in your laundry basket for up to 7 days. This is particularly convenient when entertaining, since you won’t have to drop everything to do a load of laundry.
3. Wash the clothing after the party as you normally would to get those “party favors” out.
Who says cleaning up has to be the worst part of the party? With the right strategy, post-party clean-up can be a simple and satisfying process.
First, clean up all the food and drinks. Store any leftovers in containers in the fridge or pantry.
Next, place any outdoor games and toys back into their containers. If you had a bubble station, rinse out the wands and containers thoroughly.
Check for stains
After a party, it’s important to check for stains on any linens, furniture or clothes before putting them away. It’s always best to pre-treat stains sooner than later, and you’ll have one less thing to worry about when prepping for your next party.
Just grab a bucket, OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover, and water to pre-treat stains. Follow these steps to clean stained napkins, table linens, and clothes:
1. Fill the scoop with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to line 2-4 and mix with a gallon of the warmest water possible until completely dissolved.
2. Add stained items to the OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover mixture.
3. Soak for 1-6 hours.
4. Wash as normal with detergent and a scoop of OxiClean™ for extra stain-fighting power.
The Ultimate Backyard Party
It’s totally possible to throw an easy, low-stress backyard party this summer when you plan ahead and have all the necessary tools to keep your items looking clean and fresh. By taking a little time after the party to clean up, organize and treat those stains, your items will last longer, you can save money, and you’ll be ready to throw your next ultimate backyard party.