Step 1: Gather Supplies
Gather your supplies and get to work. Here’s what you’ll need:
● OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover
● Warm water
● A large plastic container that will hold at least a gallon of water
● Your item of second-hand clothing
Since OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover is chlorine-free and color-safe, you can be confident using it on delicate materials.
Step 2: Pre-Soak
1. Fill the OxiClean™ scoop to line 2-4 for every gallon of water. Add the powder to a large plastic container plus a gallon of warm water.
2. Stir to combine the mixture. Then add your clothes to the pre-soak mixture and allow it to soak for 1-6 hours. The more severe the stains, the longer you should leave it to soak.
3. Once it starts to soak, you can sit back, relax and let OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover work its magic while you focus on other things.
Step 3: Wash Normally
After a few hours, remove the clothing from the pre-soak mixture and add it directly to the washing machine. Wash normally with your favorite detergent plus OxiClean™ for extra stain-fighting power.
Step 4: After Washing
Dry the clothing per label instructions. The stains will be gone, and the clothing will look like new and smell great.
Since OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover is tough on stains and gentle on clothes, the options are almost endless when it comes to treating your clothes. By following these same steps, you can remove stains, give new life to old favorites and even treat clothes before you donate them to your local thrift store—all of which helps reduce clothing waste.
So the next time you want to update your wardrobe, stop by a second-hand store to help create less waste, save some money and give a second life to amazing clothing. If you’re looking for more ways to create a more sustainable wardrobe, check out the laundry tips in the video below or visit our sustainable laundry and home tips.