Blood stains on sheets are a common occurrence, and because sheets are usually made from thin material, those stains often soak through to the mattress beneath. Fortunately, an OxiClean™ solution can help take care of blood stains on sheets or mattresses, leaving your bedding as good as new.
4 Steps to remove blood stains from sheets
The faster you act to clean blood stains from your sheets, the better your chances of removing them. Treat the stain as quickly as possible by following this easy 4-step process:
- Remove any excess blood stain by rinsing with cool water before pre-soaking the item.
- Fill the scoop to line 4 per 1 gallon of water and mix well to create a solution.
- Once the OxiClean™ has fully dissolved, submerge the blood-stained sheets in the solution. For best results, soak for six hours.
- Wash as normal with detergent and OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover.
Always test OxiClean™ on an inconspicuous area first. Rinse, and allow it to dry. Safe on colorfast fabrics only. Always follow item manufacturer’s instructions for water temperature and for cleaning. Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather or on fabrics labeled dry-clean only.
Use only on water-washable materials. Metals must not be soaked and must be rinsed immediately and thoroughly.
4 Steps to remove blood stains from mattresses
As with any stain, always try to treat a blood-stained mattress before the blood has a chance to dry and darken. Follow these easy steps to give yourself the best chance of success:
- Fill OxiClean™ scoop to line 1 per 16 ounces of warm water and mix well to create a solution.
- Remove excess stains before treating the mattress. Treat with cold water first to prevent the stain from setting into the mattress; then, use the warmest water possible. Do not oversaturate the surface of the mattress.
- Do not apply solution directly to the blood stain. Apply the solution to a clean white towel and use the towel to blot out the stain. Repeat until the blood stain is not visible. Then, dampen a separate clean white towel with water and blot the area to rinse.
Always test OxiClean™ on an inconspicuous area first. Rinse, and allow it to dry. Safe on colorfast fabrics only. Always follow item manufacturer’s instructions for water temperature and for cleaning. Use only on water-washable materials. Metals must not be soaked and must be rinsed immediately and thoroughly.
Related blood stain removal tips
Looking for ways to remove blood from other surfaces and fabrics? Check out our helpful tips for keeping your home and belongings blood-free!