When the days get warm or you’re working out, sweat stains on clothes are inevitable. Cuffs, collars, and armpits are notorious places for sweat stains to appear. Fortunately, OxiClean™ has several cleaners designed to remove sweat stains and keep your clothes clean.
How to Treat Sweat Stains
Before you throw your clothes in the washer, check them for sweat stains, especially on the inside of the collar and cuffs of a button-down shirt, or the armpits. If you find any, it’s time to hit them with a powerful laundry pre-treatment or booster to focus the cleaning power on the problem areas.
OxiClean™ Max Force™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray removes sweat stains by using a powerful formula designed to target stains.
Pre-treat your sweat-stained areas with OxiClean™ Max Force™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray before tossing your clothes in the wash. You can apply the OxiClean spray immediately after removing your clothes and leave it on for 5 minutes up to seven days if you cannot do laundry right away. Do not treat garment while wearing.
Before you pre-treat, read the clothing label. Do not use OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray if your item is silk, wool, leather, or labeled “dry clean only.” Always test on a small inconspicuous area first. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions for water temperature and for cleaning.
Spray OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray directly onto the sweat stains. Let it stand for at least five minutes.
Wash with your usual detergent at the temperature settings your items recommend on their labels. Consider boosting the odour and stain-fighting power by adding OxiClean™ Odour Blasters™ Versatile Stain Remover™ along with your regular detergent.
How to Remove Sweat Stains and Odours
OxiClean™ has a special formula just for blasting away odours from your clothes, towels, sheets, and other fabrics. For the best results, pre-soak garment in OxiClean™ Versatile Odour & Stain Remover with Odour Blasters™. Follow these steps to become of master of how to get rid of sweat stains and odours.
- Read the clothing label. Do not use OxiClean™ with Odour Blasters™ if your item is silk, a silk blend, wool, a wool blend, leather, or labeled “dry clean only.” Pay attention to the manufacturer’s recommendations for water temperature and cleaning. OxiClean™ is a chlorine-free bleach, so it can be used on items that restrict chlorine and it is safe for colorfast fabrics.
- Mix a solution of OxiClean™ with Odour Blasters™ and warm or hot water. Do not heat or boil. Add a full scoop per gallon of water. Follow the instructions on the package and mix until completely dissolved.
- Submerge the sweat-stained items in the OxiClean™ solution.
- Soak for 3-6 hours. Extremely pungent items may require more soak time. For best results, soak for 6 hours.
- Transfer clothes to your washer and wash as you normally would with your detergent. Add a scoop of OxiClean™ with Odour Blasters™ to the drum with your clothes.
Always test OxiClean™ with Odour Blasters™ on an inconspicuous area first and follow the instructions on the garment label. You can help reduce odours and fight stains in every load by adding OxiClean™ with Odour Blasters™ to your laundry routine.