Spring Cleaning Made Simple Checklist
Seven Rooms In Seven Days
Everyone loves spring! Sunshine. Warm weather. Fresh air. But what everyone does not love is the dreaded spring cleaning that comes with the change in season.
At OxiClean™, we’d like to make spring cleaning less of a chore and more of challenge to Work Your Magic and make your house shine! Follow these spring cleaning checklists – one for each day of the week – and you will have a fresh, clean home in no time!
Check out this infographic for a shortened version of the below checklists!
Monday: The Bedroom
- Organize your clothes. Give away what doesn’t fit or what you haven’t worn for the past one or two seasons.
- Wash your bedding and pillows. Yes, your pillows can be washed. Just follow the directions on the label and use a fresh smelling laundry detergent. If your sheets are white, use OxiClean™ White Revive™ to make them look bright again.
- Flip your mattress. This will extend the life of your mattress – and make your back feel better!
- Dust the ceiling fan. Be sure to do this first, so you don’t end up dirtying your nice, clean floor!
- Vacuum under the bed. Get rid of all those dust bunnies from the winter!
- Shampoo the rug or give your hardwood floors a good wash.
Tuesday: The Bathroom
- Go through your cabinets and get rid of any old makeup or expired medicines (per your local regulations.
- Deep clean your shower or bathtub, paying attention to soap scum and dirt. Then use a solution of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover and water to scrub what used to be white grout!
- Scour your sink – including behind and underneath the faucets. An old toothbrush is a great tool!
- Clean in, around, and behind the toilet.
- Wash your shower curtain and bathmats. Or treat yourself to a new curtain if it’s been a while!
- Put your toothbrush holder in the dishwasher to remove that yucky black gunk and dried toothpaste buildup.
Wednesday: The Kitchen
- Clean the stovetop, microwave, and other appliances with lots of soapy water. Lucky for you, most ovens have a self-cleaner, so that’s a no-brainer!
- Clean out your fridge and freezer, and wipe down the shelves and drawers. Are you really going to eat that frozen dinner you bought a year ago?
- Degrease the outside -- and clean the inside -- of your cabinets.
- Organize your pantry. Throw out expired items and arrange your shelves so you can see every box, can and container.
- Move your refrigerator away from the wall to sweep and mop behind it. You’ll be amazed by what’s back there!
- Disinfect the refrigerator and cabinet handles, doorknobs, light switches and countertops with products labeled for such use.
- Declutter your junk drawer. Every kitchen has one – and every one needs cleaning!
Thursday: The Living Room
- Dust overlooked areas: around and behind the TV, the ceiling fan, bookshelves and lamp shades.
- Vacuum or spot treat stains on couches, cushions and pillows using a stain and odor-removing cleaner – especially if you are a pet owner.
- Shampoo rugs and carpets.
- Clean or launder window treatments. Remember, this is all about letting the sun shine in!
- Using an appropriately labeled product, wipe down and disinfect the remote. Can you imagine how many germs are on that?!
- Hire someone to clean out the fireplace and check the flue.
Friday: The Kids’ Rooms
- Donate toys your kids have outgrown. Some less fortunate child will be happy you did.
- Use a sponge and some soapy water to clean the walls where your child might have gotten careless with his or her crayon or marker.
- Move furniture and vacuum underneath.
- Wash fabric and plastic toys with OxiClean™ Free, your favorite versatile stain remover without dyes, perfumes or chlorine.
- Spot clean the stroller that has been climbed in and out of 5,000 times!
Saturday: The Laundry Room and Mud Room
- You use your washing machine all the time, so make sure it is clean! Use OxiClean™ Washing Machine Cleaner to get rid of built up grime and odors.
- Vacuum behind your dryer, clean out the lint holder and check dryer vents.
- Clean or replace your laundry basket.
- Wash and pack up winter clothes so those lighter, spring jackets can be front and center!
- Donate old or too small coats, gloves, hats and boots. How did you get so many shoes in the first place?!
Sunday: The Deck
- Wash your outdoor furniture: tables, chairs and sofa cushions.
- Clean sliding glass doors and their dirty tracks.
- Give your deck a good scrub with a stain remover that will get rid of a winter’s worth of dirt and grime.
- Wipe the cobwebs out of light fixtures and give them a good polish.
- Plant some flowers or grow a vegetable garden!
You’ve done it! It’s been a long week, but one well worth it. At this point, your flowers should be budding and your vegetables getting ready to shoot up. Sit back, relax and enjoy! You deserve it!