If you wear makeup daily or for a glamorous night on the town, your shirt or other clothing can all-too-easily acquire a makeup stain. Lipstick, mascara, and liquid foundation are often the culprits. OxiClean™ has some simple solutions to help you get makeup stains out of your clothes without worry.
How to Get a Makeup Stain Out of Clothes
OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray is a powerful stain remover formulated to help remove makeup stains, including lipstick, mascara, liquid foundation and powders. With five types of cleaners to fight all kinds of makeup stains, OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray can help tackle even old or set-in makeup stains you notice later.
But for best results, try to treat makeup stains as soon as possible. It will help you get them out of clothes more easily. OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray makes treating the stain easy because you can spray it onto a makeup stain and then wash the item up to a week later. It’s formulated to fight tough stains with an array of cleansers and activators, so multi-component stains like makeup can still be defeated.
Follow these steps to remove makeup stains on your clothes:
- Remove any excess makeup. For liquid makeup stain removal, use a flat edge to get as much as possible off the fabric. Blow off excess powdered makeup. For best results, treat stains while still fresh.
- Spray OxiClean™ MaxForce™ directly on the makeup stain. Do not treat the garment while wearing.
- Allow OxiClean™ MaxForce™ to penetrate the fabric for at least 10 minutes. If the clothing item is colorfast, you may leave MaxForce™ on for up to 7 days before washing. For fabric prone to color change, do not let stand longer than 5 minutes.
- After pre-treating with OxiClean™ MaxForce™ spray, wash the item with your usual detergent, following the instructions on the label. Boost the stain-fighting power by adding OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover™ directly to the drum with your clothes, following instruction on the label.
- Check the item for stain removal before putting it into the dryer. If the makeup stain is not fully gone or you have a grease remnant, repeat steps 1-4.
Always test OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Spray on an inconspicuous area, such as an inside hem, first. Read the garment’s label and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather or fabrics labeled dry clean only.
How to Remove Makeup Stains from White Clothes
White clothes require special treatment to keep them looking clean, fresh, and bright. If you’re dealing with a mascara smear on your white shirt or a lipstick stain on your collar, you’ll want to take care of it right away. The sooner you can treat a makeup stain, the easier it will be to remove.
To tackle a tough makeup stain on white clothing, you’ll want to use the right products to dissolve the stains and lift them from the fabric. OxiClean™ White Revive™ Laundry Whitener + Stain Remover formula is specially made for white clothes, but it’s color safe for those touches of color in your favorite nearly all-white outfit.
It’s packed with stain fighters to attack the pigments and oils in lipstick, mascara, and other makeup to remove the stain quickly, effectively, and safely. OxiClean™ White Revive™ also works to revive whites and fight the dingy gray or yellow that can make white clothes look tired or dull.
To tackle your toughest stains, soak the items with OxiClean™ White Revive™ powder. For more stain-fighting power than chlorine bleach, soak your garment with White Revive™ powder for 6 hours. Plus, use White Revive in every load for even more whitening power per load than chlorine bleach.
Follow these steps to remove makeup stains from white clothes:
- Fill the scoop included with your OxiClean™ White Revive™ to 4 line and add to 1 gallon of warm water. Stir to dissolve completely.
- Submerge your white clothes in the solution for 1 to 6 hours. If you need more solution to completely cover the clothes, add mixture of 1 scoop to line 4 dissolved in a gallon of water.
- For best results, soak for the full six hours.
- Remove from the solution and transfer to your washer. Wash the item(s) as you normally would with detergent, following the instructions on the label. Do not use OxiClean™ White Revive™ on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather, or fabrics labeled dry clean only. Always test on an inconspicuous area, such as an inside hem, first.
How to Remove Old, Dried, Set-In, or Stubborn Makeup Stains
For larger or more stubborn makeup stains, especially those that have dried, set-in, or left an oily residue on your clothes, soak the entire garment in OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to break up the stains and remove them.
- Fill the scoop included with your OxiClean™ to Line 2 per gallon of water. Fill to Line 4 for extra tough stains. Dissolve completely.
- Submerge the item and soak for between 1 and 6 hours. For best results, soak for the full 6 hours.
- After soaking, wash the item(s) as you normally would with detergent, following the instructions on the label. And add OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to your drum with your clothes to boost the stain-fighting power of your regular detergent, following instruction on the label.
Do not use OxiClean™ on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather, or on fabrics labeled dry clean only. Always test OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area of the item first. OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover can be used on white clothes and colorfast fabrics. Always follow the item’s manufacturer instructions located on the label for water temperature and cleaning.
How to Remove Lipstick Stains from Clothes
Lipstick stains can be especially tough to remove from your clothing because they are oily or greasy and full of rich pigment.
To effectively treat lipstick stains, use OxiClean™ MaxForce™ spray before washing the item. Test on an inconspicuous area of the fabric before using directly on the stain, and do not use on silk, silk blends, wool, wool blends, or any fabrics labeled dry clean only.
- Scrape any excess lipstick off the clothing using a flat edge. Do not rub the lipstick stain as you can press the stain further into the clothing fibers.
- Spray OxiClean™ MaxForce™ directly onto the spot or stain until saturated.
- Allow OxiClean™ MaxForce™ to penetrate fabric for at least 10 minutes to up to a week. For fabric prone to color change, do not let stand longer than 5 minutes.
- Wash the item as you normally would with detergent, following the instructions on the label. And add OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to your drum with your clothes to boost the stain-fighting power of your regular detergent, following instruction on the label.
Removing Makeup Stains from Clothes with OxiClean™
Makeup stains don’t have to make you frown. With a few household hacks and OxiClean™ products in your arsenal, you’ll be a pro at removing makeup stains from your clothes.