For centuries, artists used berries to dye cloth and make paint. While berries create beautiful colors, most people don’t want berry stains on their clothes. If there are strawberry stains on your clothes or blackberry compote on your carpet, OxiClean™ is here to help remove them.
Remove Berry Stains Safely
You’ve taken your kids berry picking on an idyllic summer day, and while the pictures are adorable with their faces and fingers covered in red or purple, the berry stains on their clothes aren’t as cute. Berry stains are notorious for their staying power and are one of your most difficult laundry challenges. So how do you remove berry stains from your clothes? Here are some tips.
- Rinse the item thoroughly with cold water to get as much of the berry or fruit juice stains and the sugar and pigment they leave behind out as possible.
- Act quickly, if you can. The faster you can treat with OxiClean™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray on the berry stain, the more likely you will be successful at removing it.
- OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover is oxygen-powered to remove berry or fruit juice stains from clothes without harming the fibers or using harsh chemicals. Its stain-fighters dissolve the sugars, proteins, and tannins in berry stains and separate them from the fabric.
There are two ways you can use OxiClean™ to remove berry stains, depending on whether you have a small stain or a larger one.
How to Get Berry Stains Out With OxiClean™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray
Kids’ juice boxes are notorious for dribbles and squirts that lead to stains. With OxiClean™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray, you can get that juice stain out, even if it has dried-on.
OxiClean™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray is formulated to fight tough stains, and you can spray it directly onto the stain for precise targeting.
Follow these steps to remove spots and berry stains from your clothes:
- For best results, treat stains while still fresh. Rinse to remove as much of the excess stain as possible.
- Spray OxiClean™ Laundry Stain Remover directly on the stain. Do not treat the garment while wearing.
- Rub into the farbric.
- Let stand for 10 minutes but do not allow it to dry on the fabric.
- Wash immediately with your usual detergent. Boost the stain-fighting power by adding OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover™ directly to the drum with your clothes.
Always test OxiClean™ Laundry Stain Spray on an inconspicuous area, such as an inside hem, first. Read the garment’s label and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather or fabrics labeled dry clean only.
How to Remove Berry Stains with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover
If you have acquired many berry stains on a garment, or you’ve tried another option and the berry juice stain persists, try soaking the item in OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover. It’s specially formulated to tackle food stains and lift them out of fabric fibers, and it’s safe for colored fabrics.
Get berry stains out of clothes in four easy steps:
- Mix a solution of OxiClean™ and warmest water fabric will allow. Fill the scoop to Line 4 per gallon of water. Follow the instructions on the package and mix until completely dissolved.
- Submerge berry-stained items in the OxiClean™ solution.
- Soak for 1-6 hours. For best results, soak for the full 6 hours.
- After soaking, transfer the items to your washer. Add detergent and OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to the drum with your clothes to boost cleaning power.
Always test OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area first. Rinse and allow it to dry. Safe on colorfast fabrics only. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions for water temperature and cleaning. Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather, or on fabrics labeled dry clean only.
How to Remove a Berry Juice Stain from Carpet
Knocking a cup of juice off the table. Stepping on a juice box. Spilling a berry milkshake. A runaway blueberry that you trod on later. There are myriad ways to obtain a berry stain on your carpet or area rug, but you only need one way to remove it: OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover Spray.
Formulated with the power of oxygen, OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover Spray will break down the berry stain and separate it from the carpet fibers. Follow these steps to get rid of berry stains on your carpet:
- Immediately blot up any excess juice and remove any pieces of solid fruit. The quicker you can treat the stain, the easier it will be to remove.
- Test OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area of carpet, such as behind a door or piece of furniture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Do not use on wool, leather, or silk.
- Spray OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover directly and liberally onto the berry stain. Saturate the area so the solution can penetrate the carpet fibers and begin dissolving the stain.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Blot the area with a clean, color-fast cloth or sponge. Resist scrubbing vigorously, which can push a stain further into the fibers.
- Let the area dry. If the stain persists, repeat a second time.
- Vacuum the area after it is completely dry.
Three Ways to Get Berry Stains Out With OxiClean™